How Fitness for Health is Taking Action to Protect Our Families from Coronavirus
The health and safety of our Fitness for Health clients and team is our highest priority. As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has continued to spread throughout the country, I wanted to share some of the actions Fitness for Health is taking to help protect you. Some of the following protocols have always been in place. Others are additional steps we feel are necessary to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
Social distancing – we are limiting the number of clients to be far fewer than the allowable number.
Frequent handwashing – Clients are required to wash their hands or apply hand sanitizer before and after every appointment.
Staff members are required to wash their hands before and after each appointment.
Wearing masks – Clients and staff are required to wear masks. If a client is unable to wear a mask, staff will wear a face shield too.
1. Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout our upstairs office and facility.
2. The ball pit has been removed.
3. Air purification system installed in main facility.
4. Anti-viral/anti-bacterial product (Nanoseptic) applied to door handles.
5. Equipment disinfected between clients.
6. Touch-less trashcans with lids.
7. Toilet seat covers installed.
8. Temperature checks of clients and staff.
9. Waiting rooms have been eliminated.
10. Equipment on both floors is being disinfected several times a day.
11. Our facility is disinfected nightly.
12. BECO Building engineers disinfectshared surfaces (e.g., elevator buttons, doorknobs, common area tables, and handrails).
13. All clients must respond to coronavirus-related questionnaire prior to each appointment.
As this situation continues to evolve, we will closely monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to inform our decisions.
If you or anyone in your family has been exposed to someone who has a confirmed case of the virus, please notify us immediately, so we can take necessary steps.
Please call us at 301-231-7138 with any questions concerning our cleaning regimen.
We wish you and your family good health.
-Marc Sickel, President of Fitness for Health